Thursday, August 8, 2013

As Time Goes By...

This is not a reference to the Herman Hupfeld song, immortalized by Dooley Wilson, Sinatra, Armstrong, et al, or the eponymous TV series with Geoffrey Palmer and Dame Judi Dench (both of which I adore, incidentally).

I notice that, almost every day, as the day progresses, my mood tends to swing from the excited towards bored, lethargic, and ending with a healthy-to-moderately-unhealthy dose of cynicism. I can't exactly say what triggers the onsets (and progressions) of these gradually eroding good-mood mindset - Mainly because there isn't really any concrete reason.

 It probably has something to do with the fact that as the day passes, my mind goes from being occupied with work to being really bored. The idle mind being the metaphorical devil's workshop and all, my subconscious (semi-conscious?) brain gets inundated with myriad thoughts - mostly irrelevant, unprovoked and unnecessary, leading to the otherwise-unoccupied thought centers focusing on the negative stuff in the world around me.

It's funny that I'm usually cheerful in the mornings, eager to wake up (now, as opposed to a few years ago) and to get to work - well, most days anyway. Evenings, when not spent watching a movie or reading a book, are usually depressing and leading to restlessness and frustration. Nights on days like that are usually ending on a morose note, with grumpy ole me bitching and venting into a blog post like this.

I'm terrible at writing conclusions to post, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment